How to apply and get an apartment.
Register in the CIS queue.
When admitted to Chalmers University you will receive a code. Please use it to register your application as soon as possible.
The application may take a couple of days to be approved. You will get a message when it is done.
- Choose the queue for CIS under Our objects. Type the registration code sent to you by Chalmers University when granted admission to studies.
- Personal details. Tick the box “I don't have a Swedish social security number” and the box for gender, male = man, female = kvinna.
- Type your date of birth in format YYYYMMDD. If you have a Nordic social security number, you can not use that for housing application; only type the date of birth.
- Choose a user name and password of your own. The SGS staff can not see your password, please write it down for yourself, you need the personal codes every time when logging on to My pages, where you apply for housing.
- Fill out your permanent address in the home country. If you get an error when typing the zip code, just write a zero (0).
- Check that you always have the right e-mail address registered. We send all housing information to the e-mail address you have registered, even after arrival in Sweden. When you get a contract, you will see the rent account under My pages.
- Profile information. Fill out the profile information, make sure to tick the right student category, and choose the length of your lease, See the housing periods below.
- Check the information you entered and confirm by ticking the box under “Approval”. Save the application. You get a message on the screen when the application is successfully sent to the SGS letting office.
- Verify e-mail address. When you save the application, a verification mail is generated automatically. Click on the verification link once in order to do that. The application is blocked until you verify your e-mail address.
- You receive a confirmation (welcome e-mail) when the application is completed.
If you have been waiting for the welcome e-mail for more than four working days, please contact us on e-mail to email@example.com.
If you need help with the application, please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You can only make one registration. Do not try to create several registrations, to avoid problems with your account.
Fixed housing periods.
The housing periods are predetermined.
If you plan to leave earlier than the end of the contract period, you can give the SGS a written and undersigned notice three calendar months in advance.
If your studies last longer than one year, register in the SGS regular student housing queue as well.
For activating the student housing queue we need completing documents, such as a copy of your passport, admission letter and residence permit (nationals from outside the EU).
Send these documents to email@example.com
Each person should only have one housing application, where several queues can be activated. If you have registered in our regular student housing queue, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to know which code you received from Chalmers and the length of your stay. You may choose either 6 or 12 months starting from August. Those arriving in January may only book a room for 6 months.
These are the housing periods
Only Master's who pay tuition fees may keep the CIS flat for the maximum length of lease, 24 months.
Exchange students may usually stay in the CIS room for one year. Students who do not pay tuition fees can choose 6 or 12 months (starting from August).
If you arrive for the spring semester, you can only choose to stay for 6 months.
The housing period starts in mid August or mid January every year.
If you have to leave prior to the end of the fixed lease, you have the right to terminate the lease with three calendar months notice period.
Apply for an apartment.
Go to “Vacant objects” in the menu to the left. Choose CIS in the search filter and click for search.
Click the addresses to see details of available objects. Register interest on the object you wish to rent, then check and confirm your customer information.
If you are the first person to choose a place you will receive a housing offer sent to the e-mail address, you have registered in your application.
If you can not apply for a specific flat, the reason may be that someone else already has applied. When there are many students applying simultaneously, it takes a few minutes before the website is updated.
Before you apply for a specific object read more about the housing area under Our apartments.
Available apartments will be posted on the Ugot website Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Note that you only have a housing guarantee for one accommodation. If you refuse the offer, you have received, you no longer have a housing guarantee.
Pay the first rent in advance.
The rent is always due in advance. When you have accepted the housing offer, you will be able to see your rent account under My pages on the SGS' website.
The invoice for the next month appears under My pages, My housing, the rent at the end of each month.
You find the Payment instruction here.
Please check the payment registration under My pages, the rent, after 8-10 working days.
At the start of the semester there may be shortage of housing. If you are late with housing application, register also at Boplats Göteborg, http://www.boplats.se/ in order to find private housing. Boplats offers extra help for international students during summer months.